Subject: Re: Radial Fire Effect...
From: MALIK HAMMED MAHMOUD <[email-masked]>
To: Adrian Onsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: Lightwave Mailing <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 1995 11:45:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Aug 1995, Adrian Onsen wrote:

> 	I heed to make a texture on a surface, which resembles fire. 
> That's not something I haven't done before, but the tricky part is that 
> this fire has to be on a disk, and it has to burn from the outside in. 
> Middle of the disk being black (or transpatrent) and the outside of the 
> disk is where the fire originates.
> 	Too bad LW doesn't have a radial fractal noise texture...

Try making an elongated cone and give the fire texture velocity along the
length of the cone.  Then 'flatten' the cone (should look like a disk) and
use it as a morph target.  Don't forget to morph surfaces.  The texture
will now radiate out from the centre of the disk. 

hammed

--
MALIK  HAMMED MAHMOUD <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]